Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: December 05, 2018
Origin Tours LLC (as defined herein) will provide educational enrichment for trips as outlined in its promotions and on its website (www.gowithorigin.com) (each an “Trips”) and has qualified professionals to organize and administer such Trips. Origin Tours LLC acts only as an agent for any transportation carrier, hotel, ground operator, or other suppliers of services connected with specific Trips (“Other Providers”), and the Other Providers are solely responsible and liable for providing their respective services. The passenger tickets in use by the carriers will constitute the sole contract between the carriers and the passenger; the carriers are not responsible for any act, omission, or event during the time the participants are not aboard their conveyances.
Origin Tours LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, and their respective owners, employees, affiliates, officers, directors, successors, representatives, assigns (collectively “Origin”) and Origin will not be held liable for (A) any damage to, or loss of, property or injury to, or death of, persons occasioned directly or indirectly by an act or omission of any Other Provider, including but not limited to any defect in any aircraft, watercraft, or vehicle operated or provided by such Other Provider; and (B) any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by the laws, regulations, acts or failures to act, demands, orders, or interpositions of any government or any subdivision or agent thereof, or by acts of God, strikes, fire, flood, war, rebellion, terrorism, insurrection, sickness, quarantine, epidemics, theft, or any other cause(s) beyond their control. The participant waives any claim against Origin Tours LLC and/or Origin for any such loss, damage, injury, or death.
By registering for a Trip, the participant certifies that he/she does not have any mental, physical, or other condition or disability that would create a hazard for himself or herself or other participants. Origin Tours LLC and Origin reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline to accept, or remove any participant on a Trip. Origin Tours LLC and Origin reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrant or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of the participants.
Neither Origin Tours LLC, nor Origin, will be liable for any air carrier's cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a nonrefundable ticket to or from the participant's Trip departure city. Baggage and personal effects are at all times the sole responsibility of the participant.
Terms and Conditions
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT” SECTION BELOW CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT REQUIRE (i) WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, ALL DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN THE PARTICIPANT AND Origin Tours LLC AND/OR Origin UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO BE RESOLVED IN BINDING ARBITRATION, AND NOT IN COURT, AND (ii) THE PARTICIPANT AND Origin Tours LLC and Origin WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH DISPUTES. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ AND REVIEW CAREFULLY THE ENTIRE SECTION LABELED “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT” BELOW. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
Basis of Rates
All prices are per person based on two persons sharing a room or cabin. All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars (“USD”). The rates are based on tariffs, currency values, airfares and third-party charges as of publication date and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. While Origin will do everything possible to maintain the listed prices, if it is necessary to levy a surcharge, Origin reserves the right to do so, and notification will be given at the time of final invoicing.
Origin Trips are designed for adults age 18 and over. Trips that are designated “Family Trips” may include minors aged 15-17. On Family Trips, anyone under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the entire Trip. For persons age 70+, Origin may require a medical consent form from your primary physician stating that your medical condition is satisfactory for travel.
Code of Conduct
Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful to the group and other participants. Any use of illegal drugs or substances, committing or participating in any criminal or illegal activity & violence of any sort will not be tolerated and will result in the participant’s immediate removal from the Trip, without refund and at the participant’s expense. Trip leaders are authorized, and hereby reserve the right, to remove or exclude participants from the Trip, or any portion thereof, for actions they deem as inappropriate or disruptive to the group or Trip.
Included in Trip Cost
Accommodations and meals as indicated in the itinerary of each specific Trip; educational materials; pre-departure information; entrance fees, excursions, and sightseeing, other spa related services, noted as included in the itinerary; gratuities for meals/restaurants, unless otherwise noted on the itinerary page; ground transportation during the Trip; transfers to and from group flights where applicable; services of Origin experts and/or local guides, lecturers, Trip leaders, and any other staff; and taxes, port charges and service charges. Please note: the meals offered apply to the period during the Trip only and do not include any meals on flights to/from the Trip. Internal airfare is included on some international Trips as indicated in the itinerary.
Not Included in Trip Cost
Air transportation and related fees (except as indicated in the itinerary); activities noted as optional in the itinerary; gratuities for train, bus or ship’s crew, hotel porters and/or housekeeping staff, unless otherwise noted on the itinerary page; passport, visa, and permit expenses; medical expenses and immunizations; baggage/accident/cancellation insurance; spa treatments outside of the itinerary; personal expenses, such as hotel incidentals including laundry, telephone calls, movies, mini bar, room service, etc., and alcoholic beverages; and any other items not specifically noted as included.
A limited number of single rooms/cabins are available at an extra cost on a first-come, first-served basis. Origin Tours LLC and/or Origin will assist persons requesting a roommate. The participants will be notified if a suitable roommate is not available, in which case the single rate will be charged.
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations, and Refunds
Because Origin relies on participant attendance in order to schedule our team leaders, book essential travel arrangements, acquire permits and arrange lodging, we must adhere to the following policies for all participants: A $1,500 deposit is required for most of our Trips in order for each person to reserve their place on a Trip with Origin. This deposit can be made through our online billing system by credit card or debit card via Origin’s website. The final payment for all Trips is due no later than 90 days prior to the departure date of the Trip you are joining. Final payment can be made by bank wire or by credit or debit card.
Required deposit amounts will be listed on the individual Trip page on our website. Payment in full is required when registration is completed less than 90 days before the departure date. Guests spots on tours are subject to cancellation by Origin Tours LLC if payments are not received in full when due. If a guest would like to cancel they must send an email notification. Please note, your cancellation is not considered official until you have received a return email confirmation acknowledging your cancellation. At the time we receive your cancellation notification, the following per person charges will be applied:
180 days or more before departure: $500 administrative fee. If your spot is filled by another participant on a full Trip, we’ll refund your deposit minus payment processing fees and the $500 administrative fee.
90 - 179 days before departure: $1,000 cancellation fee. If your spot is filled by another participant on a full Trip, we will refund your deposit minus payment processing fees and $500 administrative fee.
90 days or less before departure or anytime after departure: NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN, and your deposit or full payment will be forfeited.
Payments in full are required no later than 90 Days prior to departure. If full and final payment is not received by this date you will be notified via email two times requesting final payment. 24 hours after the second email has been sent, we will consider your failure to make payment a cancellation and your spot in the Trip will be forfeited and offered to those participants on the waiting list. Origin is not responsible for cancellations due to medical emergencies. There are no exceptions to our Deposits, Payments, Cancellations, and Refunds Policy.
Cancelation Policy: If you decide to cancel your Trip 180 days out or more from start date a cancellation fee of $500 will be applicable. If you decide to cancel your reservation between 179 - 90 days or more from Trip start date, a $1,000 cancelation fee will apply. Remaining balance (non-refundable) of Trip due 90 days prior to trip.
If you decide you do not want to attend the Trip but you would like someone else to attend at your place we can accommodate that only up to 30 days prior of departure and if your replacement has provided us all required documentation and waivers before 30 days of starting date of Trip. Any revisions made within the Cancellation Penalty Period, such as a change in departure date or choice of Trip, are subject to this cancellation policy. Any airline tickets issued are subject to the carrier’s refund policy. Arriving late or leaving a Trip in progress, for any reason whatsoever, will not result in a refund, and no refunds will be made for any unused portions of a Trip. Origin Tours LLC reserves the right to cancel any Trip because of inadequate enrollment that makes the Trip economically infeasible to operate or because of good-faith concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the participants. If a Trip is canceled prior to departure, Origin will provide the participants with a full refund of monies paid to Origin; except in the event that the cancellation is due to a significant event that makes it infeasible to operate the Trip as planned, in which case the Origin will provide the participants with a refund and/or credit toward a future Trip equivalent to the amount paid to Origin. If Origin Tours LLC cancels the Trip in progress, the participants will receive a prorated refund based on the number of days not completed on the Trip. Except as outlined above when Origin Tours LLC cancels a Trip, Origin Tours LLC and Origin have no responsibility for any expenses, including any non-refundable expenses, incurred by the participants in preparing for a cancelled Trip or for any additional arrangements should the participants embark prior to the scheduled group departure date.
A Trip cancellation insurance policy is mandatory. For more information about travel insurance options visit the “Insurance and Safeguards” FAQ section of our website.
Origin will send requests for information to participants as follows:
Form 1: MANDATORY Consent Form
Form 2: MANDATORY Travel and Medical Insurance Form
Form 3: Online Guest Information Form
PDF copies of participants’ insurance policies must also be sent via email to Origin prior to the commencement of the Trip. If copies of participants’ insurance policies and Forms 1 & 2 are not supplied to Origin at least 30 DAYS prior to the commencement of the Trip, participants will not be allowed to join the Trip, without exception.
Form 3 is optional, however, if participant chooses not to complete and submit the form to Origin, or misses the deadline to complete and submit the form to Origin, participant will be responsible for the arrangement and payment at their own expense of airport transfers, special food requests, (at participant’s expense), extra nights lodging pre and post Trip, and any other expense contingent on Origin receiving information from participant that they request in Form 3. If participant misses the deadline to complete and submit Form 3 to Origin, a $200 administrative fee will be charged should the participant wish Origin to review the information and make arrangements for participant. After deadline to complete and submit Form 3 passes and participant chooses to pay the administrative fee, Origin will make their best effort but cannot guarantee to secure airport transfers, special food requests, and (at participant’s expense) extra nights lodging pre and post Trip and no refunds will be given for the administrative fee.
Travel and Medical Insurance
Travel and Medical insurance are mandatory for all Origin Trips. State medical insurance and private health plans will not cover you in most overseas countries. Origin lists several travel insurance providers in the FAQ section on our website. You may take other coverage, of course, but you must be adequately insured before participating in our Trips. Please review the terms of the policy carefully, particularly the limits of coverage and the procedure for making claims (most policies stipulate that claims must be made within a certain time after completion of your journey).
Your policy MUST cover medical costs in case of hospitalization, emergency travel and repatriation. If you are going on one of our special activities like horseback riding, make sure your insurance covers you for this activity. Once you have paid your deposit or full payment, certain fees will apply if you cancel. Therefore, we require taking insurance at the time of booking to protect yourself against unforeseen circumstances. Each traveler must submit one copy of their medical and travel policies at least 30 days prior to travel. Copies must show policy numbers and emergency hotline phone number. Origin retains the right to cancel your trip with no refunds for failure to provide proof of insurance by the trip date.
Accident & Sickness Medical Expense Coverage (minimum $150,000)
Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains (minimum $250,000)
Accidental Death / Dismemberment
Trip Cancellation Coverage
Suggested Additional Coverage:
Hospital Room and Board
Baggage and Personal Effects Coverage
Trip Delay / Interruption
Visitor to Bedside
It is extremely important that you to evaluate your risk, and purchase travel insurance that covers the full value of the Trip and personal effects in the case of Trip cancellation, loss or theft of baggage, and emergency evacuation. Origin Tours LLC, their owners, agents and subsidiaries will not be held responsible for these expenses. It is essential for you to realize that if you experience a delay or find it necessary to cancel or cut short the Trip for any reason, you will lose part or the entire sum of the amount paid (see the section “Deposits, Payments, Cancellations and Refunds” in the terms and conditions above).
Travel insurance helps to minimize the risk of monetary losses you would incur in the event of a delay of your departure due to weather, airline strike, missed connection, etc., your inability to travel for reasons such as illness, injury, unforeseen financial complications and other personal circumstances, or if you were required to cut the Trip short for medical or any other reasons.
There are restrictions and limitations on any insurance program. We recommend that you read carefully the fine print of your insurance policy.
The itineraries and staff presented in the publication or on the website are subject to modification and change by Origin Tours LLC or Origin. Every reasonable effort will be made to operate Trips as planned, but alterations may still occur after final itineraries are sent.
Official Travel Documentation
Participants are responsible for obtaining any documents required for their participation in the Trip such as a valid passport that does not expire for at least six months before a Trip occurs, all visas, vaccination certificates, and any other documents. Failure to obtain documents does not negate the terms and conditions, and any extra costs incurred for rerouting due to travel without the necessary documents will be the participant’s responsibility.
Participants must be in good physical and mental health. Any physical condition, diet, or treatment requiring special attention must be reported in writing when the reservation is made. Origin Tours LLC encourages participants to consult a doctor for specific medical advice about any activities or destinations. Certain Trips may require that the participant obtain medical consent prior to departure as a condition of participation.
Medical Authorization and Coverage
In the event the participant becomes sufficiently incapacitated as to be unable to direct his or her own care, there is no one on the Trip who can direct participant’s care, and Origin Tours LLC is unable to contact participant’s emergency contact, the participant, by registering and paying a deposit for an Trip, authorizes any medical treatment deemed necessary in the event of any injury or illness while participating in the activity including, but not limited to, X-ray, examination, anesthetic, medical or surgical diagnosis, or treatment and hospital care which is deemed advisable by, and is to be rendered under the general or specific supervision of, any physician and/or surgeon licensed in the United States, or, if in a foreign country and no physician licensed to practice in the United States is reasonably available, by a duly licensed physician deemed competent to render the necessary care. In addition, the participant certifies that they have medical insurance which will cover personal accidents, medical expenses, medical evacuation, air ambulance, loss of effects, repatriation costs and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the participant, or that in the absence of this medical insurance coverage, the participant agrees to pay all costs of rescue and/or medical services as may be incurred on the participant’s behalf.
Trip Cancellations by Origin
If in the event we do not sell an adequate number of spots on a Trip, Origin may cancel the entire Trip and refund all deposits and payments to participants that signed up. Origin requires all participants to purchase airfare cancellation insurance and to communicate with the Origin team prior to purchasing airfare for your Trip to ensure there are an adequate number of Participants attending. Origin cannot be held responsible for fees or lost monies associated with airline and other travel agencies due to the cancellation of a Trip.
Fitness and Health
Anyone who is reasonably fit should be able to participate in most activities on the Trip. It’s possible to experience general fatigue due to long flights and changes in time zones. You will need to be sufficiently agile to get in and out of the transport vehicle and be able to carry and manage your own luggage. We will hike trails and paths ranging from easy to moderate throughout the Trip. Some hotels may not be equipped with elevators or air-conditioning.
If you have any special needs or any physical condition that you feel might prevent you from fully participating, please make us aware when registering for the Trip or email us in advance with your questions or concerns.
Please be aware that medical services and facilities might not be readily available during all or part of the Trip. This could include emergency medical care, presence of physicians, or adequate medication. Please notify us in advance of any allergies, physical / mental conditions or medications you’re currently taking that may affect your health.
Origin Tours LLC and Origin and the Trip leader reserve the right to take photographs and videos during the operation of any Trip or part thereof and to use the resulting photography, videos, or recordings for promotional or commercial use. By making a reservation on a Trip, the participant agrees to allow his/her likeness to be used by Origin Tours LLC and Origin Tour LLC-authorized third parties, and Origin without compensation to the participant. If the participant prefers that his/her likeness not be used, he/she must notify Origin Tours LLC and/or Origin in writing prior to departure off the Trip.
Copyright in all photographs, video, and related materials created by the participant (“Trip Materials”) will belong to the participant upon creation. The participant grants to Origin a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license to use any Trip Materials provided to Origin Tours LLC and/or Origin in any media for the following limited purposes: editorial use, promotion of this editorial use, promotion of Origin’s travel programs, or promotion of the mission of Origin.
Assumption of Risk
By registering for a Trip, the participant acknowledges that he/she is aware that travel such as the Trip he/she is undertaking involves potentially dangerous activities, some in remote areas of the world, with a risk of illness, injury or death which may be caused by forces of nature, illness, or by willful or criminal conduct of third parties or by terrorism. The participant further acknowledges that weather conditions may be severe, adverse and/or unpleasant and that medical services or facilities may not be readily available or accessible or consistent with standards in the United States during some or all of the time during which he/she is participating on the Trip and that when available may not be of the quality which exists in the United States.
Origin grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use our Website in order for you to make deposits for our Trips and related services through our Website, strictly in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and other policies.
(1) Origin Tours LLC and Origin (collectively “Tour Provider”), and the participant agree that any and all disputes and claims that the participant and Tour Provider may have against the other that arise out of or relate to this Agreement and the Trip, including the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity of this Agreement, including the agreement to arbitrate (the “Arbitration Agreement”) and the scope or applicability of this Arbitration Agreement (collectively, “Disputes”), including but not limited to the arbitrability of any and all Disputes, and even if the events giving rise to Disputes occurred before this Arbitration Agreement became effective, will be resolved in a binding, confidential, individual and fair arbitration process, and not in court. The participant and Tour Provider agree to give up the right to sue in court. The participant and Tour Provider also agree to give up the right to have Disputes heard by a jury and the ability to seek to represent, in a class action or otherwise (see paragraph 9 of this Arbitration Agreement below). The only exceptions to this Arbitration Agreement are that (i) the participant and Tour Provider retains the right to sue in small claims court and (ii) the participant and Tour Provider may bring suit in court against the other to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
(2) This Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16, governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive termination of this Agreement.
(3) Any arbitration between the participant and Tour Provider will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) and will be governed by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org, or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration will be conducted by a single arbitrator. If the participant and Tour Provider cannot agree on who that single arbitrator should be, then the AAA shall appoint an arbitrator with significant experience resolving the type of Dispute at issue. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement.
(4) If either the participant or Tour Provider wants to arbitrate a Dispute, the participant or Tour Provider must first send by mail to the other a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving notice, the specific facts giving rise to the Dispute, the Trip to which the Notice relates, and the relief requested. The participant’s Notice to Tour Provider must be sent by mail to Arbitration Notice of Dispute, c/o Business and Legal Affairs, Litigation VP, 1145 17th Street NW, Washington, DC 20036. Tour Provider will send any Notice to the participant at the contact information Tour Provider has for the participant or that the participant provides. It is the sender’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient receives the Notice. During the first 45 days after the participant or Tour Provider sends a Notice to the other, the participant and Tour Provider may try to reach a settlement of the Dispute. If the participant and Tour Provider do not resolve the Dispute within those first 45 days, either the participant or Tour Provider may initiate arbitration in accordance with the rules and procedures provided for by the AAA. A form for initiating formal arbitration may be found on the AAA’s website at www.adr.org (“Arbitration Form”). In addition to filing this Arbitration Form with AAA in accordance with its rules and procedures, the participant must send a copy of this completed Arbitration Form to Tour Provider at the address listed above to which the participant sent the Notice of Dispute.
(5) AAA charges fees to conduct arbitrations. Ordinarily, the claimant has to pay that fee to start a case, but if the participant wishes to commence an arbitration against Tour Provider, and the participant is seeking to recover less than $10,000 (inclusive of attorneys’ fees), the participant will not have to pay this filing fee; Tour Provider will pay it on the participant’s behalf. If the participant is seeking to recover $10,000 or more, the participant will have to pay the filing fee charged by AAA, but Tour Provider will reimburse that fee if the participant wins the arbitration.
(6) If the participant is seeking to recover $10,000 or less, AAA rules provide that the Dispute should be resolved without a hearing, by submission of documents only. Either the participant or Tour Provider may request a hearing, however, and be responsible for the fees associated with it. If the arbitrator recommends a hearing even if neither the participant nor Tour Provider request one, Tour Provider will pay the arbitrator’s fees associated with the hearing. If the claim is for more than $10,000, the manner and place of the hearing will be determined in accordance with the AAA Rules.
(7) Regardless of how the arbitration proceeds, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain his or her findings and conclusions.
(8) The participant and Tour Provider may incur attorneys’ fees during the arbitration. In addition to whatever rights the participant may have to recover the participant’s attorneys’ fees under Applicable Law, if the participant prevails in the arbitration, and if Tour Provider failed to make a settlement offer to the participant before the arbitration or the amount the participant wins is at least 25% greater than Tour Provider’s highest settlement offer to resolve the Dispute, then Tour Provider will pay the participant’s reasonable attorneys’ fees in addition to the amount the arbitrator awarded. If Tour Provider wins the arbitration, the participant will be responsible for the participant’s own attorneys’ fees. In addition, if the arbitrator, at the request of the winning party, finds that the losing party brought a Dispute or asserted a defense frivolously or for an improper purpose, then regardless of the amount in dispute, the arbitrator must order the losing party to pay both sides’ arbitration fees and may order the losing party to pay the winning party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, unless such an award of fees is prohibited by Applicable Law.
(9) The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. The arbitrator may not order Tour Provider to pay any monies to or take any actions with respect to persons other than the participant, unless Tour Provider explicitly consents in advance, after an arbitrator is selected, to permit the arbitrator to enter such an order. THE PARTICIPANT AND TOUR PROVIDER AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN THE PARTICIPANT’S OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR MULTI-CLAIMANT PROCEEDING. Further, unless Tour Provider agrees, the arbitrator may not consolidate other persons’ claims with the participant and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, multi-claimant or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement will be null and void, but the rest of this Agreement, including the provisions governing where actions against Tour Provider must be pursued, will remain in effect.
(10) The participant and Tour Provider agree to maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding and shall not disclose the fact of the arbitration, any documents exchanged as part of any mediation, proceedings of the arbitration, the arbitrator’s decision and the existence or amount of any award, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration (in which case anyone becoming privy to confidential information must undertake to preserve its confidentiality), or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a provisional remedy, a judicial challenge to an award or its enforcement, or unless otherwise required by law or court order.
If you are receiving duplicate catalogs, have address updates, or would like to be removed from future Origin Tours LLC mailings, please email: email@example.com
The applicable Terms and Conditions may vary from those listed above based upon the specific Trip selected by the participant. A copy of the final Terms and Conditions applicable to each participant will be sent in pre-Trip communications